Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sever nerdom

So,
I watched Star Wars the other day,  for the 15th millionth time.  I realized something,  I'm my own special type of nerd.
For example I know random things about history and zoology.  Well I know random things about mythology too.. And just silly facts. 
I know that a parsec is a measure of distance not time. I Can do the pathagarim therom,  and I understand the theroy of relativity.

However there are still things that I do not know or understand.  Like I know a little bit of Latin.  I can play chess(not magnificently ) but I understand the rules and what not.  But explain football...I don't get it.  Nope not one bit.  Football is one of those things. I don't know the random awesome facts about Star Wars,  (I lived with a treky for 8 years) I had to keep the peace. I can't for the life of me grasp geometry. I haven't seen all of Doctor Who,  nor Sherlock.  And I JUST barely finished Firefly.  
Hey!  I had put a lot on hold to have that cookie
 cutter life. I hid,  hid who I truly was.  I wanted things to be a certain way,  wanted my self to be that perfect wife.  I refusesed to accept who I was.  Who I am.  
It took watching Star Wars for the 15th millionth time. With someone who sees me for me.  To FINALLY realize, I am me,  I like what I like and that should be enough for others.  Now my close friends have been telling me the same thing for years.  Your AWESOME!  
Though like any person, who has a hard time seeing their worth,  I didn't believe it.  Even that special nerd in my life told me the same thing,  yet I didn't believe him. Why should I? When you go through a lot of emotional.....turmoil? It wears on you.  Cuts you down.  
But I'm a special nerd,  the force is strong with me,  and hey I'm AWESOME!  
Stay shiny friends!!  
Remember! Life is short and your perfect  the way you are!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment